Denmark’s Sampension makes further property investment in Lyngby

Danish pension company Sampension has made further property investments in the Lyngby municipality, bringing the overall value of its real estate investments in the region to around DKK 1.2bn.

The investment was made in collaboration with K Properties, with whom the pension company has made several property investments with.

This latest investment is the parties’ third joint real estate investment via the fund Kristensen Partners VII.

The seller of the property is a joint owner between Danica Ejendomme A/S, which owned 75 per cent, and Velliv Ejendomme A/S, which owned the remaining 25 per cent.

The property at Nymøllevej 85 in Lyngby is currently partly used for housing Ukrainian refugees, but in the long term is expected to hold development opportunities.

"Initially, our focus will naturally be on ensuring optimal conditions for the Ukrainian refugees, as long as there is a need for them to live in the property,” commented Sampension head of properties and infrastructure, Torbjørn Lange.

“Along the way, we will investigate the optimal future development plan for the property.

“The area is developing well these years. So there are also other development opportunities that need to be investigated so that we can optimize the return on investment for our customers.”

Development, operation and administration of the property will be handled by K Properties.

Commenting on the investment, K Properties senior asset manager, Klaus Ulrik Malmstrøm-Østerballe, said: "It will be a major development task that we are looking forward to getting started on.”

    Share Story:

Recent Stories

Podcast: The benefits of private equity in pension fund portfolios
The outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, in which stock markets have seen increased volatility, combined with global low interest rates has led to alternative asset classes rising in popularity. Private equity is one of the top runners in this category, and for good reason.

In this podcast, Munich Private Equity Partners Managing Director, Christopher Bär, chats to European Pensions Editor, Natalie Tuck, about the benefits private equity investments can bring to pension fund portfolios and the best approach to take.

Podcast - The power of three: Using Common Contractual Funds to improve tax outcomes for investors
Large asset owners are still investing in equities in a way where they are taxed on their income. The implication is that they get a poorer return. They need to, and can, improve this, but how?

In this podcast, AMX Head of Client and Manager Development, Aaron Overy, and AMX Product Tax Specialist, Kevin Duggan, discuss with European Pensions Editor, Natalie Tuck, about three options to help ensure good withholding tax outcomes for institutional investors.

Mitigating risk
BNP Paribas Asset Management’s head of pension solutions, Julien Halfon, discusses equity hedging with Laura Blows