Appointments update 11 June 2019
Written by Sunniva Kolostyak
- The French Asset Management Association (AFG) appoints Matthieu Duncan new vice-chairman of the board of directors.
Duncan is the newest member of the board and was appointed at AFG’s recent AGM, where Eric Pinon was reappointed as chairman and Philippe Setbon was reappointed as another vice-chairman. At AFG, Duncan, who is CEO of Ostrum Asset Management, will be spearheading European and international actions.
- The Swedish government has appointed Urban Hansson Brusewitz as chairman of the First Swedish National Pension Fund’s (AP1) board.
Brusewitz has been on the board of directors of the fund since 2016 and holds the position of director-general at the National Institute of Economic Research (NIER). He has been part of Sweden's delegation at the OECD in Paris, and worked at the Ministry of Finance. Furthermore, the government has appointed Peter Hansson, Per Klingbjer and Charlotte Nordström to the board.
- Danish AP Pension has replaced its executive board, appointing Sara Brinks Larsen as director of corporate affairs and Henrik Engmark as chief operations director.
Both Larsen and Engmark have been employees at AP Pension for several years. Larsen is currently director of corporate affairs and strategy, while Engmark is currently responsible for, among other things, the integration of newly-acquired Skandia.
- Pablo Bernengo to become the new CIO of the Third Swedish National Pension Fund (AP3), joining the fund in November 2019.
Bernengo joins AP3 from Öhman Fonder, where he has worked since 2011 and currently serves as Chief Executive Officer. Previously, Bernengo has held advanced asset management positions at DNB NOR, Skandia and Carlson Investment Management (CIM) and at AP3, he will replace acting CIO Kerim Kaskal.
- Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM), has appointed three people to the board of its Irish management company, LGIM Managers (Europe) (LGIM Europe), to support European growth.
Lee Toms has been appointed non-executive director and LGIM’s global head of investment operations; Volker Kurr has been appointed executive director, head of German branch and head of European institutional distribution; and John Craven is the new executive director and LGIM Europe’s head of finance. The three joined the board of directors with immediate effect, bringing the board to a total of seven directors.